Regular Meeting of the Board of Education
School District of Grantsburg
Minutes from January 25, 2021
President Dave Dahlberg called the meeting to order. Present: Dave Dahlberg, Dan Ohnstad, Chris Erickson, Russ Erickson, Jason Burkman and Brian Handy. Absent: Renae Rombach.
Agenda Revisions: None.
Motion C. Erickson/Ohnstad to approve the School Board minutes from January 11, 2021 and the Special Meeting minutes of January 18, 2021. Motion carried 6-0.
Renae Rombach present.
• Enrollment Report. Reviewed official January count for all schools. Enrollment is up from the count in September.
• 2019-2020 School District Audit Report was presented by Brandon Willger, School District Auditor. This report is from the financial review his firm conducted in July 2020.
• Second Semester iForward Enrollment report shows 1141 full time students with additional 35 students taking classes through iForward part time.
• WI State Education Convention was held virtually this year. Dave Dahlberg and Renae Rombach are the GSD representatives attending this year. Dave Dahlberg shared a report on the Convention highlights.
• Upcoming Personnel Committee meetings are February 1 (support staff); March 1-change in date from February 15 (iForward teachers) and April 5 (non-represented staff). All meetings are at 5:00 pm.
Motion Ohnstad/Rombach to approve the renewal of the WIAA Gymnastics Cooperative with Grantsburg, Luck, Unity and Webster. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Rombach/Handy to award the services for the varsity baseball field planning to Paragon Associates for $21, 550.00. Motion C. Erickson/Handy to call for question. Motion carried 7-0 to stop discussion. A vote was called for the pending motion. Motion carried on the pending motion 7-0.
Motion C. Erickson/Rombach to approve the 2020-2021 GSD Handbook revisions updating the grievance procedures. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Rombach/Ohnstad to award the bid for an iForward copier to Loffler for a Konica Bizhub C-650i- 60 page copier for $8833.40. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Dahlberg/Ohnstad to approve the iForward website redesign proposal for $58,320.64 from O8. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion C. Erickson/R. Erickson to approve the hire of Kirsten Bertelsen as iForward Assistant Registrar, part-time. Motion carried 6-0-1. Jason Burkman abstained.
Motion Rombach/Dahlberg to approve the amended Open Enrollment Policy on the first reading. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Rombach/Burkman to approve the amended Open Enrollment Policy setting class size limits and pupil-teacher ratios for special education. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Dahlberg/C. Erickson to approve the Open Enrollment available seats for the 2021-2022 school year. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Rombach/R. Erickson to convene in closed session for the purpose of discussions per Wisconsin Statutes Sec. 19.85 (1) (c) (e) and (g) for consideration of contracts and compensation of public employees over which the School Board has jurisdiction and exercises responsibility and (f) considering financial, medical, social or personal histories or disciplinary data of specific persons which, if discussed in public, would be likely to have a substantial adverse effect upon the reputation of any person. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion Rombach/Handy to reconvene in open session and take action as appropriate on matters from the closed session. Motion carried 7-0.
Motion C. Erickson/Rombach to adjourn. Motion carried 7-0.