Request for Quotes for Masonry Repairs
Northland Community Center
1232 East School Road
Danbury, WI, 54830
Town of Blaine
Issue Date: January 14th, 2020
Instructions & General Information:
The Town of Blaine, Burnett County, WI, is requesting quotes for tuckpointing, parging (if required) and cleaning or replacing block on the interior and exterior of building at 1232 East School Road, as detailed below.
1. The Town of Blaine shall be exempt from any liability for loss incurred by unsuccessful bidders in preparation for this proposal.
2. MANDATORY PRE-BID MEETING. A mandatory pre-bid meeting must be held no later than Saturday February 8th, 2020. Attendance is a prerequisite for submitting a response to this invitation and will be evidenced by the Town Representative’s verification and bidder’s signature. This meeting will provide an opportunity for potential respondents to view the site of work, ask questions and seek clarification on the outlined requirements prior to submitting a response. Attendees will be responsible for supplying any and all tools and equipment, including ladders, necessary for project evaluation.
3. The Town of Blaine shall receive sealed quotes to complete the proposed work until: 6:00 PM, Saturday, February 22, 2020. Bids will be opened at a special meeting on February 25, 2020 at 6pm, held at 1232 East School Road, Danbury, WI.
4. The Town of Blaine will make payment within thirty (30) days after acceptance of the completed work.
5. The Town of Blaine reserves the right to reject any or all bids and the right to re-request for bids.
6. Contractors must comply with Drug Free Workplace Act.
7. Questions concerning the project or arranging a site visit with the Town Representative should be directed to: Jessica Estridge at 651-269-8415 or email@example.com.
9. Work shall be completed by date agreed on by both parties (please include anticipated completion date in bid)
10. All work to be in accordance with state and county building codes. Contractors must be licensed, bonded and insured.
1. Tuckpoint areas of exterior and interior block walls where mortar has deteriorated. Parge, if deemed necessary on exterior of any or all building walls to prevent future deterioration. Clean and remove old mortar at repair site. Must make every effort to match mortar to original.
2. Replace deteriorated blocks in areas being tuckpointed. Contractor to supply sample replacement block to confirm best possible match to existing block.
3. Repair areas of longitudinal cracking above and below windows with block replacement and/or tuckpointing.
4. Clean and seal all areas where work occurs.
5. Contractor is responsible for providing access to all work areas in accordance with recognized health and safety requirements.
6. Contractor is responsible for all clean‐up at the end of the project and will ensure that all excess materials are removed from the site.
7. Percentage of total exterior and interior wall surface repair to be assessed by bidder at pre-bid meeting.
8. Specific type of material (i.e., type of mortar, block, cleaner, sealer) to be listed on bid.
APPROVED BY TOWN OF BLAINE on this date, January 14th, 2020
Vern Drake, Chairman Town of Blaine
(Jan. 22, 29)