SIREN––Officials voted in favor of borrowing money to pay for a number of 2019 road projects the village will be undertaking.
The village board unanimously voted in favor of borrowing the funds for the projects, mostly micro sealing.
Siren public works director Jim Jaskolka plans on micro sealing four sections of road throughout the village:
• Main Street from Third Avenue to Hanson Avenue
• First Avenue from Johnson Street to the alley just north of Main Street
• Main Street - east and west ends
• Alley between First Avenue and State Road 35/70 behind Jenneman’s
The loan is for $400,000 at 3.11 percent interest rate from Bremer Bank with no closing cost over a period of ten years.
In other items:
• Doug Crane, of North Country Surveying Inc. was also at the meeting to give an update on the work he has done for the village for dividing up the Tewalt Road Property into lots for a possible subdivision.
• Representatives from the Town of Siren came to the Village asking about taking over a portion of Town Land including Sanitary district.